Saprina
28 posts
TimePosted 18/10/2008 03:35:16
Saprina says

Oxygen Enrichment Technique

Hey;

What is "Oxygen Enrichment Technique"? and for what are we using this technique? I am trying to find any information about this technique from the net but there is nothing! Can you help me?

Saprina  

Know the answer to this question? Join the community and register for a free guest account to post a reply.

lalbatros
138 posts
TimePosted 18/10/2008 10:40:37
lalbatros says

Re: Oxygen Enrichment Technique

Oxygen enrichment increases the flame temperature and decreases the amount of nitrogen entering the kiln. This can potentially increase the capacity of the kiln and/or reduce its heat consumption. Other industries are using oxygen enrichment, like glass and steel. This is mainly because they have a need to boost the temperatures.

The main problem for using oxygen in a cement plant is the economical aspect. Does the benefit pay for the cost of oxygen? To my knowledge, there is currently no cheap technique to produce oxygen for a cement kiln. All current techniques produce a highly purified oxygen, which is actually not needed for a cement kiln, but which is expensive.

In some circumstances, when the benefit of an additional production pays for it, oxygen could be useful. Maybe this could be the case sometimes for white cement which is more expensive and which requires higher temperatures.

A few more information there:

http://www.metallurgi.kth.se/htc/skiva/presentations/flamme.pdf

http://www.nedo.go.jp/kankyo/iea_ccc/english/071.pdf

Michael Clark
324 posts
TimePosted 21/10/2008 17:59:05

Oxygen enruchment has been used on more than 20 cement kilns in the USA. However, there is expense involved and there must be a good market for the additional production.

Dr Michael Clark

Raj Sahu
198 posts
TimePosted 21/11/2008 06:05:24
Raj Sahu says

Dear Mr. Lalbatros, I tried to download the oxygen enrichment article from the path given by you but it could not be downloaded.Could you please send me soft copy of the articles. Regards, R.M.Sahu, rajmohan.sahu@adityabirla.com