Saprina
28 posts
TimePosted 06/11/2008 10:18:13
Saprina says

Heat Balance

HI;

Where can i find complete calculation for the heat balance in kiln?

How does making heat balance help me in the kiln process?

Don't you think due to variable in values, reading and process condition heat balance can't be acurate?

Saprina 

Know the answer to this question? Join the community and register for a free guest account to post a reply.

vinayak
29 posts
TimePosted 06/11/2008 16:58:26
vinayak says

Re: Heat Balance

Hi

You can refer the training coarse material given by FLS or Wholcim.Onceyou made the format ready in excel sheet for your plant, it will be much easier to you for making further balances.This is very usual in all the cement industries

Het balance will be useful to find out the quantities of useful heat and the heat losses from various heat outputs. From this, we can find the possibility of reducing the heat loss.For example, from the heat balance if we find that the radiation loss is high, then we can thinkof replacing the refractory etc..

In an industrial scale, it may not be accurate and it is not necessary also. There will always be around 2 to 3 % of unaccounted losses. But , we can concentrate on the remaining known losses which is the major part, and which will yield millions of dollars.

Regards

Vinayak

guddu
32 posts
TimePosted 07/11/2008 10:09:34
guddu says

Dear Mr Vinayak

Adding to your statement, it sounds that i thnx you for your consious coverage. with condensed information. Well this much information is not good enough to have the concrete path that could give some cue to calculate heat loss.

Note:- I would really appreciate if you could send me the spreadsheet that you are talking about

Thnx in anticipation

Tke cre

Rahul

vinayak
29 posts
TimePosted 07/11/2008 18:23:27
vinayak says

Hi

As you know, it is very difficult to explain the heat balance in this forum and it needs atleast 3 hours to discuss the heat balance. You can mail to vinayak_chennai@yahoo.com. I can send you the Heat balance file so that you can modify to suit your plant

Regards

Vinayak