guddu
32 posts
TimePosted 08/01/2009 07:19:34
guddu says

Calciner air req

Salutation

I got to get some carification.

Objectively i want to calculate the qty of combustible product and air volume req.

Fundamentally there is couple of process associated to calculate these

1) To calculate qty of combustible req , enthalpy of operating are is required to be divide by calorific value

2) Calculate the air flow required by taking stoichiometric ratio into consideration.

My worry is iam able to scale-out the qty req , but what stochiometric ratio should be taken to calculate air volume req

rahul

Know the answer to this question? Join the community and register for a free guest account to post a reply.

lalbatros
138 posts
TimePosted 08/01/2009 09:19:12
lalbatros says

Re: Calciner air req

You will find that explained in any textbook.
This one for example can be read on-line: Problem Solver, Thermodynamics .

guddu
32 posts
TimePosted 09/01/2009 05:53:29
guddu says

Dear sir
Thanx for your concious coverage. . Enthalpy i can calculate, but concerning to stochiometric ratios, that pose me in my calculation. Apparantly i dont know what should be the ratio in case of cement. How ever i have below input parameter but how to use the stochiometric ratios to calculate air req that really needs your significant support.

Kiln spec
Dia 3.75
L 57
Fuel petcoke @ cal value 7500 kcal/kg
Heat req 1430kj/kgcl

Well by using these parameter i couldnt so likely to get my answer. Kindly have me your response to panacea the problem
rahul

ovancantfort
57 posts
TimePosted 12/01/2009 17:19:59

In order to precisely calculate the stoechiometric combustion air, you need the complete analysis of the combustible part of your fuel, so called "CHONS analysis" or "ultimate analysis". Your fuel supplier should be able to provide you with this information.

Otherwise, for a quick estimate, you can use typical analysis or typical ratios. For example, petcoke needs 365-390 kg of air / GJ of fuel (Higher Heat Value)  as stoechiometric combustion air. (Source: Perry's Chemical Engineer Handbook)

Best regards,