Moe
3 posts
TimePosted 26/03/2009 07:10:11
Moe says

Kiln's Pinion vibrating range

Dear Sirs,

Have you any idea about the vibrating range for a kiln's pinion. We have a vibration in the kiln's drive station because of the pinion and girth gear.

Thanks

Know the answer to this question? Join the community and register for a free guest account to post a reply.

Michael Clark
324 posts
TimePosted 26/03/2009 12:12:29

Re: Kiln's Pinion vibrating range

There are many considerations: the kiln rotation, the girth gear toothpass frequency, etc. You need to do a proper vibration analysis.

Moe
3 posts
TimePosted 11/04/2009 06:55:35
Moe says

Dear Mr. Clark,

Many thanks for your comment. We did the vibrating analysis by measuring the vertical and horizontal vibration for different rotation speed of the kiln. Also we have measured the temperature of the gears face width. The horizontal vibration is more than the vertical especially when the kiln is in the upside position. My question for the maximum vibration in this case is for the time that allow us to continue the kiln working and prevent of stopping. Now tha maximum horizontal vibration in the 3,3 rpm and upside position of the kiln is around 20 mm/s which is a litle bit high I suppose. We are going to stop the kiln and check everything. Please inform me if you have any other comment.

Thank you in advance

Moe

Michael Clark
324 posts
TimePosted 15/04/2009 08:56:55

You are taking a risk by operating the kiln with vibration in the pinion and girth gear. The risk is that you could have a catastrophic failure, preventing the kiln from running. It is impossible to say how long the kiln can continue to run without that failure happening. As the cement factory management you have to decide whether you can afford to take that risk.