RS
2 posts
TimePosted 26/03/2009 16:26:30
RS says

Dust insufflation in kiln

I am trying to find technical information about dust insufflation systems in kilns. I would like to know what technologies are available and who supplies them. I would also be interested in hearing stories about successes and difficulties in using this technology. Thank you.

Know the answer to this question? Join the community and register for a free guest account to post a reply.

Adrian
2 posts
TimePosted 27/03/2009 02:31:25
Adrian says

Re: Dust insufflation in kiln

I believe that you run a wet kiln. From my experience I can tell you , there is not a complicated technology you need only a hopper, a dosing sistem,a pneumatic pump and a pipe(refractory steel). Important is the position of pipe in the kiln : -between burner and material bed, or opposite to this(in this position be carefull to avoid dust falling on ignition point of fuel).I don't recommend to insufflate dust through primary air or center of the burner. For dosing and conveyance of dust you can contact Claudius Peters.

There is also a possibility to introduce dust in the kiln through holes in the kiln shell after chains zone but at a more expensive investment.

Good luck!

RS
2 posts
TimePosted 31/03/2009 19:12:03
RS says

Thank you for the information.

Do you, or anyone, know names of specific companies or plants where insufflation is currently being used?

Adrian
2 posts
TimePosted 03/04/2009 20:21:20
Adrian says

Unfortunately I don't know names,but you can contact wet kiln plants to get some informations.Usually in U.S.A. contact manufacturers like Holcim,Lafarge,Cemex .