elwathig
72 posts
TimePosted 24/08/2010 22:37:31
elwathig says

preheater cyclones blockage

to all

we have one kiln with preheater 6 stage ,2000 TPD ,56m length,3.8m diam, grate cooler.kiln suffering from the flow of  materials in the preheater that will happen suddenly any 20 mints and is noticeable when the cyclones out let draft changed. that a phenomenon lead to kiln cool after 5 mints only.my question how to solve this problem?notice that the kiln feed analyeses are:

LSF=92-95

SM=2.2-2.4

AM=1.5-1.6

AND NO ALKALIES

Know the answer to this question? Join the community and register for a free guest account to post a reply.

Michael Clark
324 posts
TimePosted 25/08/2010 14:51:37

Re: preheater cyclones blockage

There could be many reasons. What is the oxygen content and temperature of the preheater exit gases?

elwathig
72 posts
TimePosted 25/08/2010 20:40:37
elwathig says

hello sir: 1) no oxygen content due to gas analyzer not working from long time in all preheater  plus kiln inlet so kiln is running with high heat consmption and with 76%  from full capacity

2)exit temperatures are 340,335 in out  of last cyclones

BLM
36 posts
TimePosted 26/08/2010 14:41:58
BLM says

Dear Elewathig,

I experienced this type of problem. I would like to share my experience.

Material clogging observed at PCoutlet to 6th cyclone inlet because of improper inclination. This material suddenly falls in to the kiln in equial interwals and cause to material rush towards cooler. To over come the problem we arranged air blosters but it was not given improvement so futher we changed the inclination by raising the bottom duct by applying castable and refractory bricks, then we come out from the problem.

I will try to help if you share the complet pre-heater profile.

Regards,

B.L.M.