xxxx
239 posts
TimePosted 15/10/2010 12:31:25
xxxx says

dedusting volume & pressure requirement

how can i calculate the dedusting volume required for a clinker transport DPC & for a raw material feeding hopper to primary crusher . In thos hopper run of mines limestone is dumped for crushing? is there any relation with the size of the DPC & tph & hopper top cross section area ? if yes tell me that. my clinker dpc is of 800mm wide & other 1000mm wide. Hopper top cross section is 25-30 m2 . i have read somewhere that for dpc feeding point of 800 mm size we require 9000m3/hr & for discharge we require 9000m3/hr separate. For bins it is 4000m3/hr/m2 of bin cross section. is these figures ok. raj

Know the answer to this question? Join the community and register for a free guest account to post a reply.

chari
79 posts
TimePosted 17/10/2010 11:36:44
chari says

Re: dedusting volume & pressure requirement

Mr xxxx

For continuous feeding hopper/bin of limestone a general formula of minimum volume of 3600m3/hr/m2 is taken or you can try

k* Volume of material entering

where k=1 for  large bins, too low feed, and coarse material

at extreme k=50 for small bins , high feed rate and fine material.

thanks

Bhaskar Agate
84 posts
TimePosted 18/10/2010 15:49:54

Re: dedusting volume & pressure requirement

How to design nuisance dust collection system 

• Identify dust emission points
  • Based on this determine the location of dust collector
  • Locate dust collectors so as to minimize the length of duct runs
  • For multiple vent points, provide additional dust collectors to minimize duct runs
  • Avoid horizontal sections and unnecessary bends
  • Estimate airflow quantities for each take off points based on accepted industry standards for equipment involved.
  • 500c.f.m. per foot of belt width for speed of 200fpm recommended qty. of air for belt conveyor or transfer point.
  • The capture velocity 150 to 200 f.p.m. so that very fine dust particles are picked up.
  • Once the dust is captured, increase the velocity to carry the suspended particles to dust collector.
  • 4000 to 4500 f.p.m. normal carrying velocity for nuisance dust
  • Design duct bwork with 45 deg. slope or greater.
  • Once ducting has been sized, estimate friction losses to arrive at the fan specification.
  • Usage of either low or high air to cloth ratio collectors & bag cleaning system.

You may pl. refer Duda book for clarifications.

Regards

Bhaskar Agate