Pankajbits45
25 posts
TimePosted 05/06/2011 07:27:00

High wear rate at mill inlet than the mill outlet shell liner plate in 1st chaber of cement mill explain????

Explain me why wear rate higher at mill inlet than the mill outlet in shell liner/lifting liner plate in 1st chamber of cement mill????

Know the answer to this question? Join the community and register for a free guest account to post a reply.

Bhaskar Agate
84 posts
TimePosted 12/06/2011 04:42:37

Re: High wear rate at mill inlet than the mill outlet shell liner plate in 1st chaber of cement mill explain????

1st chamber does the job of crushing where cascading and cateracting actions are taking place to break the bigger size of material in to smaller size.

While in in 2nd chamber only grinding action i.e.between the grinding balls and the liners the smaller particles are transforming in to fine powder due to cascading.There is hardly any cateracting action.

1st chamber liners experience more impact of balls from a height vis-a-vis 2nd chamber.

Bhaskar Agate

Bhaskar Agate
84 posts
TimePosted 12/06/2011 04:44:37

Re: High wear rate at mill inlet than the mill outlet shell liner plate in 1st chaber of cement mill explain????

1st chamber does the job of crushing where cascading and cateracting actions are taking place to break the bigger size of material in to smaller size.

While in in 2nd chamber only grinding action i.e.between the grinding balls and the liners the smaller particles are transforming in to fine powder due to cascading.There is hardly any cateracting action.

1st chamber liners experience more impact of balls from a height vis-a-vis 2nd chamber.

Bhaskar Agate

Vikpro
77 posts
TimePosted 12/06/2011 18:08:57
Vikpro says

Dear Pankaj,

You will find your anwser in worksheet which I have mailed you, enter your present  grinding ball pattern of both chamber than you can see the centrifugal force ( weight)  & total impacts in each chambers. Rest Mr.Bhasker has explained to you.......

Vikpro