xxxx
239 posts
TimePosted 28/07/2012 04:08:44
xxxx says

white cement quality control

daer all

we are using petroleum coke for kiln & calinator firing in white cement.water quenching is done inside the kiln for whiteness. additional furnace oil is alos used continously in the main burner to counter the effect of water quenching otherwise during water quenching main burner flame disturbs & unburnt coal particles come with clinker.

now my problem is we are not able to stop this furnace oil firing in gthe main burner due to whiteness problem.

kindly suggest some remidy

engr

Know the answer to this question? Join the community and register for a free guest account to post a reply.

lalbatros
138 posts
TimePosted 29/07/2012 08:45:15
lalbatros says

re white cement quality control

To answer such a question, a drawing showing the geometry is definitively needed,
as well as some quantitative data like production, fuel consumptions, water consumption, ...

xxxx
239 posts
TimePosted 30/07/2012 04:09:36
xxxx says

it is a old kiln with cooler tubes for cooling of clinker . kiln 3.6* 70m.

production 1100 tpd

water is injected inside kiln for quenching ?

also to kill oxygen some fine petcoke is injected before water spray for whiteness.

also a bypass is in the system for alkalies & sulfur.

what are the factors considered for good bypass as well as kiln operation , what measurements we have to take & monitor the limits for the same in white cement.

pl. do reply

engr

faslan
38 posts
TimePosted 24/12/2012 09:20:51
faslan says

Dear XXXX,

You're experienced with white cement kiln and I am going to start-up such a kiln and try to optimize it. Can you send me your e-mail and I can ask some questions about the operation of the kiln..

For example, my first question is how can we use calciner in this system? Because if it is not possible to heat up the combustion air (indirect firing), then cold air will be fed to calciner?

I've seen the FLS killn which heat up the combustion air by the top cyclones to 220 C. Which is very low for a good flame. 

For your question;

theoretically low partial pressure of oxygen is our purpose for whiteness. May be with flame position through the clinker bed you can obtain low partial pressure of oxygen on the bed and higher at the other side. as you might know is unwanted condition for grey clinker production. But here it could help us.

Best Regards,