Ahmed
31 posts
TimePosted 14/07/2013 16:45:27
Ahmed says

Bypass Chloride

Hello to everyone, Chloride % in Bypass dust should be high or low, If high what is the acceptable limit for pumping this bypass dust pneumatically.

Know the answer to this question? Join the community and register for a free guest account to post a reply.

Ted Krapkat
537 posts
TimePosted 15/07/2013 03:50:10

re Bypass Chloride

Hello Ahmed,

The percentage of alkalis, chloride and sulphur in kiln bypass dust should be high for good bypass efficiency. However, you should compare the alkalis, chloride and sulphur levels of the bypass dust to those of the hotmeal. This will tell you if your bypass rate is too high or not.

The aim is to try and maintain the minimum bypass rate that will reduce the hotmeal alkalis, chloride and sulphur to acceptable levels. Otherwise you are removing more dust (and heat) than necessary... and you will have to dispose of the excess bypass dust, which may also be an added cost.

As far as pumping the bypass dust is concerned, I am not an expert in this area, but I suspect that it will depend on the temperature of the dust and the type of pneumatic system. (alkali/sulphur/chloride dusts can still be 'sticky' at temperatures as low as 500oC)  

See the attached link;- http://www.macprocessinc.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/Cement_EMAIL.pdf

Regards,

Ted.

Belite
16 posts
TimePosted 15/07/2013 12:16:38
Belite says

re Bypass Chloride

I have heard some report problems at 12-13% Cl, however we have never had problems. I presume temperature and particle size distribution play a role too.

Ahmed
31 posts
TimePosted 15/07/2013 18:12:04
Ahmed says

re Bypass Chloride

Thnq for ur answer ,

here bypass dust temperature is around 120 Deg C and chloride in bypass dust is 12 %,

and chloride in hotmeal we r maintaining 0.9 % , only sometimes we r facing this jamming problem

in pipes.