Kumar
84 posts
TimePosted 06/08/2014 11:28:14
Kumar says

Spillage from kiln inlet

Dear Sir,

Our kiln is flared diameter kiln, means diameter towards kiln inlet segment is higher than the middle section of the kiln. We are facing the severe problem of the spillage from kiln inlet. We are forced to reduce our kiln feed from 130 TPH to 75 TPH to stop this spillage. Kindly shere your experience to help us to come out of this situation.

Regards

Know the answer to this question? Join the community and register for a free guest account to post a reply.

BLM
36 posts
TimePosted 15/08/2014 13:59:19
BLM says

re Spillage from kiln inlet

Dear Kumar,

If you have continuous spillage from kiln inlet seal, it may be failure of kiln inlet refractory lining on segment plates. I have personel experience with the same kind of problem. while kiln in operation we could not identified the reason for spillage. After stoppage we inspected the kiln inlet area and found the castable on segment plates are not reaised as per drawing, which can loose its hot meal holding capacity and alow to enter into kiln inlet seal and cause to continous spillage.

Observe the existing kiln inlet castable profile and cross check with drawing whether it is matching with the drawing or not. If not immeately correct it. I hope your problem will be solved.

Good luck..............

BLM  

Kumar
84 posts
TimePosted 16/08/2014 04:09:23
Kumar says

re Spillage from kiln inlet

Thanks a lot Sir. i will check it at the earliest.

regards