Ramesh Aital
26 posts
TimePosted 20/06/2015 13:20:10

Narrow coating inside cement ball mill

Dear Sir, We have observed narrow coating inside cement mill comp 1 near diaphragm, the coating is almost covered 70% of diaphragm area,feed moisture recorded in the laboratory is 3% and also we have drying chamber and we have maintained hot gas temp around 250 to 300 Deg C, and exit temp we are getting only 60 to 65 Deg C, it almost took 2 days to break the coating with concrete breaking m/c, what is the reason for heavy coating formation inside the mill, please suggest. Regards, Ramesh Aital

Know the answer to this question? Join the community and register for a free guest account to post a reply.

fjalali
81 posts
TimePosted 04/07/2015 13:04:46
fjalali says

re Narrow coating inside cement ball mill

There are two resons for coating: 1. moisture, and 2. High blain or high temperature. From your data i think its moisture since your exit temeperature is low. Try bring it up between 90 to 110 deg. C this will help prevent coating as well you need it to form gypseum hemi-hydrates and prevent flash set of your concrete. What is the source of 3% moisture in feed?

Caoting from hight blain and high temprature forms usually in the secodn chamber.

Regards;

FJALALI

Nalolo Chibwe
1 posts
TimePosted 08/09/2015 13:19:18

I would like to find out what are the effects on the cement because of this coating in the mills.

I'm recording high blaine and high residues.

fjalali
81 posts
TimePosted 12/09/2015 14:38:42
fjalali says

Hello,

Where is your coating? Give me some data?

If you have coating in the second chamber then the effect is loss of production and waste of energy, since the coating acts as a cushion and prevents the balls from contacting properly.

You are getting high residue because of the electric charge on the material make them stick together so the separator can’t detect them as small and therefore sends them to residue.

Depending on the circumstances it might be high temperature or high blain problem or both. So you might need to change the ball charge composition or it the worst case modify the middle diaphragms position.

Give me some operational and equipment details and I can give up with more solutions.

Kind regards;

F.Jalali