Sagarhbt
3 posts
TimePosted 11/01/2017 18:50:46
Sagarhbt says

Cement Mill Grinding Media

Dear Experts,

I want to know about the GM size wise percentage distribution in a 2 chamber close circuit OPC ball mill.

Mill dim. 3.4 x 12.5

Media load 128 MT high chrome

Also let me know how do the supplier selected 80mm as max. Ball size in this mill? Please share the formula as well.

Clinker feed size is 25mm with standard BWI & sp. gravity. 

Know the answer to this question? Join the community and register for a free guest account to post a reply.

fjalali
81 posts
TimePosted 23/01/2017 13:50:39
fjalali says

re Cement Mill Grinding Media

H there,

These are just the basics if you want to accurately do it you have to fill it up to 80% BC and then do a longitudinal sieving and then correct the BC based on the results.

The biggest ball determination is explained and it is based on material hardness and biggest size.

Let me know if you need more info.

Regards;

FJalali

Attached files

Sagarhbt
3 posts
TimePosted 24/01/2017 12:25:33
Sagarhbt says

Thank you very much sir for this help. I was keen to know the media surface area in 1st and 2nd compartment also. You document helped me in knowing that also.

Sir, Can you share the grinding balls standard surface area to be kept in raw mill and coal mill (monochamber)?

fjalali
81 posts
TimePosted 25/01/2017 10:00:17
fjalali says

Dear Sagarhbt,
Why are you concerned about surface area? I never hear about basing your ball charge on surface area!
In your first compartment the grinding is not related to surface area at all and it is related to weight and number of impacts. In the second compartment the grinding is related to pass of contact or length of circumference (see attachment).

But you should figure the ball charge base on how it is grinding along the length of the compartment. As I said before charge 80% of the weight base on one of the recommended ball charges and then take longitudinal samples and adjust based on the results.

Let me know if you nedd ant help.

Kind regards;

FJALALI

Attached files