Fancesa signs US$20m cement deal with SNC

Fancesa signs US$20m cement deal with SNC
15 August 2005

Bolivian cement producer Fancesa has signed contracts worth US$20.3m to deliver cement to major roadworks and other operations in Tarija and Potosì departments, a SNC government official told local reporters. Sucre-based Fancesa negotiated the deals with national highways agency SNC to supply the 420km Potosí-Camargo-Tarija city highway-paving project over 18 months. Brazilian construction company Queiroz Galvão is carrying out the work.

Under the contracts Fancesa will supply 70 per cent of the 239,000t required for the project, with the remaining 30 per cent is coming from part-owner Soboce. The two presented a joint offer of US$85/t, beating rivals Itacamba and Coboce, the latter of which bid US$89/t.

Fancesa’s three shareholders are Sucre municipality, the local San Francisco Xavier University and fellow cement maker Soboce.

Published under Cement News