Tajikistan to add further capacity over 2015-16

Tajikistan to add further capacity over 2015-16
15 January 2015

Tajikistan’s Ministry of Industry and New Technologies has said that six new cement plants will be put into operation in Tajikistan in 2015 and 2016, according to reports by Avesta news agency.

Tajik-Chinese joint venture Tajchina has already started construction of a 1.2Mta cement plant, the report stated. Morever, new cement plants will also be built in Dangara, Bobojon Gafurov, and Isfara districts, as well as in Istiklol city. Another cement plant, with a capacity of 1Mta, will be constructed in the Yovon district in two years.

In terms of capacity expansion projects, two new lines will be added by Huaxin Gayur Cement Co at its 1Mta cement plant. The company will invest US$250m to construct a second and third cement line, which will be put into operation in 2015 and 2016, respectively, taking the plant’s total capacity to 3.5Mta upon completion. Huaxin Gayur Cement was established by Huaxin Zhongya Investment (Wuhan), a subsidiary of Huaxin Cement, and Gayur Limited Liability Company. Huaxin Zhongya Investment (Wuhan) holds 75 per cent of the ownership and Gayur holds the remaining 25 per cent.

According to official statistics, in January-November 2014 Tajikistan produced 1.1Mt of cement. Over the January-October 2014 period, the company imported 487,000t of cement worth $54 million, and 494,000t less than the same period of 2013.

Published under Cement News