Cement News tagged under: Hong Leong Asia

RSS feed

Hong Leong Asia grows stake in Tasek Corp

17 June 2020, Published under Cement News

Hon Leong Asia’s wholly-owned subsidiary, Ridge Star, has acquired 30,700 shares of Malaysia-based Tasek Corp at a value of around US$57,964, according to The Straits Times. Following this development, Hong Leong Asia now owns a 92.4 per cent stake in the company. Last month, Hong Leong Asia had submitted an unconditional voluntary takeover offer for the remaining shares of Tasek at MYR5.80 (US$1.36) per ordinary and preference share.

Hong Leong Asia makes takeover offer for Tasek Corp

13 May 2020, Published under Cement News

Hong Leong Asia, which currently holds an 88.16 per cent stake in Malaysia’s Tasek Corp through two subsidiaries, has reportedly launched an unconditional voluntary takeover offer to acquire the remaining shares for around MYR83.9m (US$19.35m). The company, via its HL Cement and Ridge Star subsidiaries, had sought to take Tasek private last year, according to The Business Times Singapore. Tasek moved from a net loss last year to an MYR4.19m profit in its 1Q20 results reported last wee...

Hong Leong Asia looks to complete Tasek Corp takeover

29 May 2019, Published under Cement News

Singapore-listed Hong Leong Asia is looking to take Malaysia’s Tasek Corp private in a deal worth an estimated MYR128.61m (US$30.6m), according to The Edge. The company currently controls 80.8 per cent of Tasek through two subsidiaries, HL Cement (Malaysia) and Ridge Star, and has submitted a voluntary takeover offer to acquire the remaining shares.  Together, the subsidiaries hold 97.89m ordinary shares in Tasek, with the takeover involving the remaining 19.2 per cent of ordinary shares ...