KHD Humboldt Wedag Inc has received an order from Cimentos Liz SA in Brazil for the equipment supply, engineering and site advisory and commissioning services, for a new 5000tpd line. The contract is split into two phases.
KHD’s scope of supply includes auxiliary equipment, electrical power system components and instrumentation, as well as core KHD components, including:
• COMFLEX® raw grinding system incorporating a KHD RPS18 Roller Press, with V and SKS® Separators which when combined make this system the most energy efficient raw grinding system available today.
• 5-stage Humboldt preheater with PYROCLON® calciner, equipped with a PYROTOP® compact mixing chamber, tertiary air duct and KHD COMBUSTION CHAMBER for firing alternative fuels
• PYRORAPID® 5.0m x 690m two-tier rotary kiln
• PYRO-JET® LowNox kiln burner and KHD Combustion Chamber burner both designed for a variety of fuels
• Clinker cooler equipped with a PYROCRUSHER® roller type clinker crusher.
• KHD Ball Mill system for grinding of solid fuels designed with the same size gear drive as for the COMFLEX® raw and finish grinding systems.
• COMFLEX® finish grinding system incorporating dual KHD RPS18 Roller Presses with V and SKS® Separators which when combined, just like for the raw grinding system, make this the most energy efficient finish grinding system available today. Both raw and finish grinding systems will share the same size drives and the same grinding rollers for reduced spare parts inventory.
Portions of the fabrication for this line will be locally supplied in Brazil. Utilising KHD alternative fuel technologies, the plant will be able to burn up to 25% waste fuels in the combustion chamber and up to 10% old tyres in the kiln. The plant will also incorporate the latest of KHD’s environmentally friendly technology for reduction of gaseous and dust emissions.