Libyan Cement Company, Benghazi, GSPLAJ placed an order with KHD Humboldt Wedag, Germany for the rehabilitation, modernisation and upgrading of production line 3 at its Benghazi cement plant, located 20km south of Benghazi city.
Due to the high cement demand in Libya the modernisation of the ageing production lines (eg Benghazi 3 had been built by KHD Humboldt Wedag in 1977) was decided in order to increase the actual production capacity.
KHD´s scope of supply comprises mechanical and electrical equipment and civil engineering. Substantial modifications are:
• modernisation of transport and dosing of the raw meal,
• new Humboldt preheater PS 5635/4 equipped with a PYROCLON®-S calciner,
• new bypass-system,
• renovation of kiln inlet, kiln drive etc.,
• modification of exhaust treatment/dedusting,
• installation of PRODUX®-PLUS, process control system for the pyroprocessing line and the raw material grinding system.