Fancesa wins US$18m in road contracts

Fancesa wins US$18m in road contracts
Published: 01 July 2005

Bolivian cement producer Fancesa is due to sign US$18m worth of contracts to provide cement to major roadworks and other operations in Tarija and Potosíepartments, local daily Correo del Sur reported.  The Sucre-based Fancesa’s board recently negotiated the sale of US$14m worth of cement with national highways agency SNC to supply the PotosíCamargo-Tarija city highway paving project. Brazilian construction company Queiroz Galvao is carrying out the work. 

The US$14m contract corresponds to 70 per cent of the 239,000t required for the project, with the remaining 30 per cent coming from part owner Soboce. Fancesa’s three shareholders are Sucre municipality, local San Francisco Xavier university and the aforementioned fellow cement maker Soboce.