Refractory specialists HEPHA successfully hosted its second colloquium on 5 November 2015 at Lyon Confluence, France, dedicated to the theme of refractory monoliths.
The range of expert contributors delivered presentations under two key sections:
• An approach to an analytical method for maintenance of refractories in cement plants:
Imed Gader, expert in cement processes and productions of HEPHA (Tunisia)
• Principal wear corrosion mechanisms of refractory materials: Dr Pascal Pilate, researcher and technical supporter of the BCRC
• Secondary refractory raw materials: Dr Fabrice Saldi, HARSCO director of development
• Corrosion of refractory anchoring, selection elements: Pierre Roudet, general director of IRIS & Thomas Febvin, commercial director of IRIS
• Skamol insulation products case studies: Franck Chevalier-Joly, sales manager, Lining & Insulation Solutions, Skamol (France, Spain, North, Africa) and Dr Peter Trane, head of technical applications, Skamol
• The interest of dry gunning: Dr Loïc Andre, head of HEPHA R&D center
• Secar 712: a solution to lengthen the lifespan for refractory concrete: Fabien Simonin, technical developer of refractories, KERNEOS
• Placing, setting and hardening of refractory concretes based on external temperature: Dr Marion Schnabel, application and market development manager, Refractories, ALMATIS
• Problem, analysis and solutions implemented by PREVEL: Laurent Mokhbi – general director of PREVEL
The conference also highlighted the success of the COLLCAST range of rapid-curing concrete and launched the TIMECAST range of long-life concrete.
During proceedings, Nicolas Herrero, general director of HEPHA, thanked all speakers and participants for their contribution to the success of the colloquium and for the exchange of their technical know-how.
Ehrler Rémi, president of HEPHA parent company EML, also underlined the importance of delivering high-quality products and services adapted to the requirements of customers.