Cement Plant Environmental Handbook 2nd Edition
International Cement Review is pleased to announce the publication of the Cement Plant Environmental Handbook, 2nd Edition.
This latest edition features a selection of 45 authoritative articles from leading experts, associations and cement producers from around the world, looking at best practice in cement manufacturing technology from the perspective of the environment, energy efficiency and sustainability. The main themes covered in the handbook are:
- environmental context and sustainability challenges
- quarry operations and ecosystems
- CO2 emissions and energy efficiency
- strategies and systems for using alternative fuels and raw materials
- alternative fuel case studies
- emission monitoring and abatement
- cement milling and products.
Contributors to the Handbook include many of the best-known experts in the field:
- Cement Sustainability Initiative, WBCSD
- CEMBUREAU, the European cement association
- Japan Cement Association
- John Kline, consultant and worldwide authority on cement manufacturing technology (USA)
- Jean-Pierre Degré, pioneer of co-processing in cement plants, Cementis (Switzerland)
- Dr Kåre Karstensen, Chief Scientist, SINTEF (Norway)
Numerous cement producers have also contributed case studies with unique perspectives on achieving sustainable operations through technical and strategic innovations, including: ACC (India), Aditya Birla (India), Arabian Cement (Egypt), Cementos Mizu (Brazil), Cemex (Mexico), Holcim (Vietnam), HeidelbergCement (Germany), Italcementi (Italy), Lafarge (France), Titan America (US)and Votorantim (Brazil).
This publication is available free to new subscribers of ICR and existing subscribers who choose to extend their subscription for an additional year. Click here for more information and to subscribe.