Amir Feroze
7 posts
TimePosted 04/11/2006 06:28:09

Percentage loss in raw materials,clinker,cement and Coal stocks inventory

I want to ask that, any body know the optimum % losses for Raw Materials, Clinker, Cement and Coal stocks inventory.especially for raw materials (limestone,clay,ironore) and Coal stored in open yard.

Know the answer to this question? Join the community and register for a free guest account to post a reply.

Bhaskar Agate
84 posts
TimePosted 25/04/2010 02:39:01

Re: Percentage loss in raw materials,clinker,cement and Coal stocks inventory

This is a tricky question.For efficient operation of the plant the losses in all raw materials should be as low as possible.For inventory purpose companies have got their own policy guideline circulars where they mention say 0.5 to 5% for different types of raw materials which includes fuel oil.

Regards

Sunlight
6 posts
TimePosted 25/04/2010 18:10:07
Sunlight says

Dear Sir

Kindly i need help with that`s topic , i faced very huge fk factor = 3 , we produced 1000 tonne per day but we feed 3000 tonne raw mix , we produced SR Cement with 4.4 dia * 64 long with 3 r.pm kiln , 4 stage preheater and prepole calcinar with 15% by pass And i notice extra LSF LOST in clinker 14% ( 104 raw mix = 90 clinker )

And how can i faced that huge production loses ,

Look forward to hear from you

Engr.Amin
15 posts
TimePosted 26/04/2010 09:29:13
Engr.Amin says

Dear Amir Feroze,

The losses are dependent on many factors, the conditions of the plant operation. Where stocks are are stored, for example the raw material stock yard is covered or open; the de-dusting system of crushing area. Its the theory of nature that material balance shall be like that  In = Out.

The thumb rule for raw materials in stacking yard is the actual moisture content from crushed material on daily basis considering no dust emission, whereas for coal it is important to ascertain the difference in the GCV, Ash and VM of Received Coal and that of Pulverized Coal. The historical data can give the optimistic value of losses.

Regards,