guddu
32 posts
TimePosted 27/01/2009 10:51:37
guddu says

KILN HEAT UTILIZATION

Dear sir

I have something  to share with you and perhabs could be the momentum base approach towards WHR system. As of now in WHR boiler for cement plant preheater gas and cooler gas has only been proven out to be source of heat and energy. While googling to get more conscious coverage about WHR scope I discovered the additional source of heat , perhaps that could have a considerable concern from heat source point of view.

The idea is to install the heat radiation absorbing surface in circumference of Kiln to absorve the radiation heat. It sounds of relatively low stake in heat source , but having systematically and technically installed the absorving surface, one can get the considerable heat . I don't know upto what level it may patronage the system, but seems of mountable reason to accentuate ones focus. Here the fluid being used is oil , which absorb the sensible heat of kiln, therby transferring it to heatexchanger for steam production. Apparantly this system may improve the whr boiler efficiency resulting in inching-up the steam qty.

However this additionally technological patent has not been used by any of our domestic cement manufacturer, and for global I don't have the conscious information whether its been brought into system or not, but its addition of heat into the system couple with its advantage of not having the effect on kiln shell may require to be taken into consideration. Well iam pretty much inclined to believe on using this technology, but due to lack of expertise I couldn't make any prognosis data.

Hope your intensified engineering approach with could throw a actionable response

Now I have couple of query to be answered by you

1)      Having perceived above innovativeness in technology , how viable it is , whether really it can be brought it into play and decisive role or not . If not what could be the predictable disadvantages

2)      How to convert the radiation heat into power

Awaiting for your valuable reply

Rahul Chaubey

FLSMIDTH

Know the answer to this question? Join the community and register for a free guest account to post a reply.

Michael Clark
324 posts
TimePosted 28/01/2009 08:23:26

Re: KILN HEAT UTILIZATION

This is an idea that has been raised periodically. A potential problem is the refractory lining of the kiln relies on the cooling effect of the atmosphere and shell to create a temperature gradient through the lining. If the cooling affect of the shell and atmosphere are compromised by heat exchangers then the life of the refractory lining would be severely reduced.

guddu
32 posts
TimePosted 28/01/2009 10:40:03
guddu says

Dear sir

Thaks for your generosity. You threw alight of decrese in liner life related to cooling effect. If we put any radiant aborbing body throughout the surface area of kiln shell , idont think it will hav a substantial impact. I have reason to believe because utilizing radiation heat will not make any atmospheric temp effect. I dont know upto what extent iam right but iam inclined to believe.

Can i have your mail ID so that imay send you an article related to same concept.

rahul

Michael Clark
324 posts
TimePosted 04/02/2009 05:46:54

I suggest you senfd the article to dwh@cemnet.com who will pass it on.