hongminh
44 posts
TimePosted 06/08/2009 10:29:34
hongminh says

CO content

Dear experts!

Now our plant face to face with CO problem at the kiln inlet. We have to try to testing and checking for everything conduct to the CO phenomenon.e.g. take the calibrated with gas analyzer, checking the over preheater and the kiln inlet but we have no result. In the normal kiln operation, if the CO content appearing at the kiln inlet that means burnning zone cooling down. But now we have to meet with defficulties CO content and it made the disturbed in my mine because when CO content appearing at the kiln inlet but burnning zone never cooling down, all properties of clinker are OK, sticking in preheater is increasing and we have to cleaning everyday.

Please explain clearly to me why we have the phenomenon CO content appearing at the kiln inlet but burnning zone never cooling down.

Thanks alot!

Best regards.

HongMinh.

Know the answer to this question? Join the community and register for a free guest account to post a reply.

AN - Kuwait
29 posts
TimePosted 06/08/2009 11:19:09

Re: CO content

Can you tell PH outlet analyser/readings for O2 and CO at the same time when you observe CO in Kiln Inlet ?

hongminh
44 posts
TimePosted 06/08/2009 14:49:10
hongminh says

Dear AN-Kuwait.

PH outlet analyzer O2 content is 3.8 to 4%, have no CO content.

at the same time we have to observed CO content at the kiln inlet is 1.5% and a little O2.

Kiln pyrometer : 1455 degree celcius.

Clinker properties still OK.

If we have to try to reduce the kiln coal in order to reduce the CO content at the kiln inlet then burnning zone also cooling down. I don't understood why kiln has the unknown phenomenon.

Please sharing your experience to me.

Best regards.

HongMinh.

AN - Kuwait
29 posts
TimePosted 07/08/2009 15:26:07

We have faced the same problem.Kiln inlet co went up as high as 1.5% and the PH outlet are normal required levels.

So you check whether there is any coating in the burner tip thouroughly .And flame shape.

And then secondly check the entry walls of bottom cyclones.We kept continuous cleaning over there and also installed series of air blasters in the entry walls ..

Then our problem is solved.