asim
9 posts
TimePosted 04/01/2011 06:28:03
asim says

Dust emission through main Stack

Dear All,

I would like to know that what are the possible causes of high particulates emitted from main stack.

Our plant is having 3300 tpd capacity of fls technology and the exit temperatures are around 330 degree C while the EP inlet temperatures are 130degree C, even then we are unable to control dust emission within the permissible limits. we also inspected EP from inside and did not find any peculiar abnormility in it. no coating depostition on electrodes. 

Regards 

Know the answer to this question? Join the community and register for a free guest account to post a reply.

Michael Clark
324 posts
TimePosted 04/01/2011 09:37:50

Re: Dust emission through main Stack

There are well documented cases where particles of ammonium salts have condensed from the exhaust gases in a plume after leaving the main stack leading to high particulates emissions. This phenomena is sometimes referred to as “blue haze”.

M.Azhar
74 posts
TimePosted 05/01/2011 19:19:02
M.Azhar says

Hello every One..............

My Question is that ....why these ammonium salts not arrested in the form of coating..like Alkali salts...............because the both are having almost same ions ......like Cl. SO4.....CO3....etc....

why the ammonium salts appears on stack ........... 

Engr.Amin
15 posts
TimePosted 06/01/2011 06:32:06
Engr.Amin says

Dear Asim,

First of all i would suggest you to reduce the EP inlet temperture to 105 to 110 Deg C, than also please check the raping devices. The insulators at top of the EP roof disconnected due to misaligned to the operting device connected to that insulators. You have to check these in stoppage, many time all area attendents and supervisors are over looking such types of problems. 

Regards,