Pankajbits45
25 posts
TimePosted 05/06/2011 07:37:41

Function of classifying liner in 2nd chamber

How classification has been done across the mill in 2nd chamber??.

Means it stars from 2nd chamber inlet or from mill outlet???Explain me briefly..

Know the answer to this question? Join the community and register for a free guest account to post a reply.

Bhaskar Agate
84 posts
TimePosted 13/06/2011 02:46:40

Re: Function of classifying liner in 2nd chamber

To break bigger size particles you require bigger balls and vice-a veras.(Size of material is big in 1st chamber where bigger size balls are used).The size of particle at the discharge of 1st diaphragm and begining of 2nd chamber is small.This has to be rduced progressively to finer state.

To achieve this objective bigger size balls should be at the inlet of 2nd chmaber and smaller size balls at outlet end of 2nd chamber.Classifying liners are designed to get this effect.Hence, condition of 2nd chamber liners as well as classification of balls must be properly inspected during shut down.

Bhaskar Agate

Pankajbits45
25 posts
TimePosted 14/06/2011 19:00:01

R/Sir,

What ever u hv given ur kind comments i know that.

The term u have mentioned the design of classifying liner which segregates the sizes of grinding media along the mill.As my close observation the classification of grinding media starts from 2nd chamber outlet to inlet,but i want to know the forces acts between liner and G.M in 2nd chamber only.

Regards

Pankaj

Bhaskar Agate
84 posts
TimePosted 19/06/2011 00:02:04

Classifying liner design expert should give the correct answer.

Classifying liners must be giving an appropriate trajectory to the balls with certain forces and then falling apart on the liners which is resulting into segregation and cascading action in 2nd chamber.These forces could be centrifugal and centripetal.

BW

Bhaskar Agate