Michael Clark

Michael Clark
Threads Started: 0
Strapline: Registered User

Re: Breaking News: Explosion in Cement Plant

Unfortunately this has happened before at a plant in Europe. It is usually asociated with heating the kiln on gas an...

Re: cement plant cost

A rule of thumb would be that a 2 million tonne per year cement plant would require 300 million US$ for the equipment...

Re: Polymorphic form of alite

I have not come across the term "idiomorphic" applies the alite before. However, the term means "having its proper fo...

Re: Burner pipe adjustment using microscopy

There are many things. You should be seeing small crystals of C3S which would indicate a short flame and rapid combin...

Re: coal bag filter dp

It is very difficult to suggest a remedy for this problem. It might be connected with intergrinding the petcoke and c...

Re: MgO Reduction

Yes, of course supplementary cementitious materials can be used to dilute the MgO content of cement. Other measures a...

Re: LIME REACTIVITY TEST

I suppose the lime reactivity test relates to the use of quick lime as an industrial alkali. I don't think it has any...

Re: bull nose cooling fans

Cooling the cooler casing at the bull nose will not do anything to increase the life of the bull nose concrete or bri...

Re: Alkalies in pozzolans

Pozzolana are not necessarily perlytes. The pozzolanic reaction fills the pores in concrete increasing the density an...

Re: Bag filter outlet NOx and SOx

No, NOx and SOx cannot be calculated with any accuracy. For the NOx you would need to calculate the dilution through ...