SRP
26 posts
TimePosted 23/12/2008 14:24:16
SRP says

Firing locations

Can anyone please tell me what are the firing locations for coal , gas and oil firing in calciner. and  degree of calcination at each stage of PH

Know the answer to this question? Join the community and register for a free guest account to post a reply.

Michael Clark
324 posts
TimePosted 30/12/2008 15:20:58

Re: Firing locations

There can be multiple firing locations for all these fuels in a calciner It depends on the design of the calciner.

Calcination should only occur in the bottom two stages of the preheater. However, the preheater cyclones do not have 100% collection efficiency so some calciner material migrates upthe preheater. How much depends on the efficiency of each preheater cyclone stage, but 1% in the top stage, 5% in the second stage, 15% in the third stage, 30% in the fourth stage and then 95% in the fifth stage after the calciner would not be unusual.

Dr Michael Clark

SRP
26 posts
TimePosted 31/12/2008 12:07:26
SRP says

Thnak you sir for the  info.

suppose i am using gas , coal and oil as a fuel, then what would be my firing locations for Low Nox -calciner

Michael Clark
324 posts
TimePosted 06/01/2009 02:22:04

For a low NOx calciner you must fire in two points, below the tertiary air intake to create an oxygen starved "reducing zone", then above the tertiary air intake to fully combust the fuel. The reducing zone degrades the NOx generated in the main burner and burning zone of the kiln. This only works with an in-line calciner.