Cement News tagged under: Motors

RSS feed

Menzel Elektromotoren supplies replacement motor

26 August 2022, Published under Cement News

Menzel Elektromotoren has built a replacement motor for a cement plant in Pakistan that can drive any one of three applications: the raw mill, another cement mill or a fan.   The motors originally installed differ in various features. Moreover, as the available installation space was extremely limited, a Menzel engineer visited the site to take all the measurements.   The solution was a compact slip ring motor in frame size 710 with the cooling system tailored to fit around a ste...

Menzel Elektromotoren to build new factory

02 March 2022, Published under Cement News

Menzel Elektromotoren has signed the construction contract for a new, larger motor plant in Hennigsdorf, near Berlin, Germany. The manufacturer has experienced substantial growth in recent years and has outgrown its present headquarters in central Berlin. “Our new location will feature state-of-the-art machinery, efficient logistics, larger hoist capacities for optimised production processes and high energy efficiency,” says CEO, Mathis Menzel, on the occasion of the signing of the contr...

Voith Group acquires 100% shares in Elin Motoren GmbH

27 January 2022, Published under Cement News

Voith Group has owned a 70 per cent controlling share in Elin Motoren GmbH since 1 May 2020 and at the end of 2021 acquired the remaining 30 per cent that was held by Franz Hrachowitz, the company's managing director.   "For Voith, this is a further step in strengthening our core business and consistently expanding it in the direction of sustainable technologies," says Dr Toralf Haag, CEO of the Voith Group.  The full acquisition of Elin Motoren by Voith will have no impact whatsoever...

Menzel Elektromotoren completes Middle East motor order

05 August 2021, Published under Cement News

Menzel Elektromotoren has built two bespoke slip ring motors to drive the mills in a cement plant in the Middle East. The order required replicas of the original motors to be supplied, each with two shaft ends and precisely fitting all existing interfaces.   Menzel’s motor design ensures full mechanical and electrical compatibility with the failed previously installed machines of Japanese make. The original manufacturer no longer offers this design, which features relatively unusual dime...

WEG supplies Itacamba Cemento

28 June 2017, Published under Cement News

WEG has successfully installed several electric motors for Bolivian producer Itacamba Cemento SA, owned by Votorantim Cimentos SA and Cementos Molins. The WEG package includes W22 IP66 high-performance low-voltage motors and medium-voltage slip ring motors with a brush lifting system for continuous operation and suitable for operation in aggressive environments. These electric motors will operate in drive mills, crushers and fans at the plant. WEG motors with the brush lifting system h...