Cement News tagged under: Plant Closure

RSS feed

Zuari Cement cleared to resume operations

07 May 2021, Published under Cement News

After being issued with a closure order by the Pollution Control Board last month, India’s Zuari Cement has filed a challenge to the Andhra Pradesh High Court. After hearing the petition, the court dismissed the closure order but noted that the company would still need to implement the board’s instructions by the end of May.

Holcim Philippines reports 81% rise in net income

27 April 2021, Published under Cement News

Holcim Philippines reported an 81 per cent rise in net income to PHP909.35m (US$18.79m) in the first quarter of 2021, compared to PHP501.54m in the year-ago period. However, revenues declined six per cent YoY to PHP6.81bn from PHP7.27bn in the 1Q20. "We delivered an excellent performance in the first quarter due to our sustained focus on Health, Cost, and Cash," said Horia Adrian, president of Holcim Philippines. The company has also announced the temporary suspension of operations a...

Zuari Cement issued with closure order

26 April 2021, Published under Cement News

Zuari Cement’s operations in Yerraguntla, Kadapa, has been issued with a closure order by India’s Andhra Pradesh Pollution Control Board (APPCB). The closure orders were issued to the company for failing to abide by the environmental conditions prescribed by the pollution control board, according to the New Indian Express. As a result, the APPCB has asked the local power distributor to disconnect power connectivity to the plant.

LafargeHolcim to close Contes cement line

04 February 2021, Published under Cement News

LafargeHolcim will shut down cement production at its Contes plant in the Alpes-Maritimes region of France. Aggregate production at the site will not be affected by the reorganisation. A reorganisation plant was presented to the company’s social partners on 3 February. It is expected that 65 direct job and approximately 300 indirect jobs will be impacted by the closure is scheduled for the start of 2022.

Holcim completes Yocsina closure

04 January 2021, Published under Cement News

LafargeHolcim has announced the definitive closure of the Yocsina plant in Córdoba’s Industrial Zone, Argentina, to focus its activity in Malagueño from 31 March 2021. In a note sent to the National Securities Commission, Holcim reported: “As of March 31, 2021, the company will unify all its cement grinding operations at the Córdoba industrial zone, located in the town of Malagueño, at the plant which bears the name of said town and is part of said industrial zone, discontinuing the grindi...

Cemex confirms decision to close Ferriby plant

15 July 2020, Published under Cement News

Following consultations with employee representatives and Unite the Union, Cemex has confirmed that it will be mothballing its South Ferriby plant in north Lincolnshire, UK. Approximately 110 employees who are currently based at the plant will be affected, with the majority of redundancies said to be taking place in July, according to a statement. However, customers will continue to be supplied from the company’s existing cement network. "Cemex remains committed to the UK and its Europe...

APMC's Rawang plant to close for upgrade programme

27 May 2020, Published under Cement News

Associated Pan Malaysia Cement (APMC), a wholly-owned subsidiary of Malayan Cement, reportedly released the majority of its employees a few weeks ago, according to The Edge. Furthermore, company operations reportedly stopped last year, after YTL Cement acquired 51 per cent of Malayan Cement. In a response to a request for clarification from The Edge Malaysia, YTL Cement stated: "APMC’s Rawang plant, the nation’s first and oldest cement plant, will be undergoing a MYR200m (US$45.89m) rejuv...

Siam City to wind down production at Saraburi

17 April 2020, Published under Cement News

Thailand’s Siam City Cement will begin to close its Saraburi plant from 1 May as cement demand falls due to the COVID-19 pandemic, according to The Nation: Thailand. The company has reportedly seen a reduced amount of orders and therefore will wind down production and labour at Factory 1 from 1 May. However, it is expected to move employees to other plants or allow them to leave by mutual consent.

Société de Ciment de Bizerte halts cement sales

14 April 2020, Published under Cement News

Tunisia’s Société de Ciments de Bizerte announced a temporary stop to cement sales until 19 April. The company said it had not seen a single case of coronavirus in its employees but would halt sales as a precaution. Government-owned Société de Ciment de Bizerte operates a 1.5Mta plant on the northern Tunisian coast.

Cemento Sur licence temporarily suspended

09 April 2020, Published under Cement News

Cemento Sur has had its operating licence temporarily suspended by the mayor of the District Municipality of Caracoto in Puno, Peru, because it was operational during the country’s state of emergency, according to Onda Azul.  “We have closed the door of the Cemento Sur company, he said, while specifying that the Ministry of Production issue an authorisation to the company so it can circulate regularly. “To avoid the operation of the company we have blocked its accesses,” said the authority...