Michael Clark

Michael Clark
Threads Started: 0
Strapline: Registered User

Re: volcanic tuff

No-one can be sure, but I would expect any changes in combinability temperature or thermal energy consumption to be b...

Re: volcanic tuff

Dependent on the chemical composition of the tuff there is no reason not to do this.

Re: % Chloride limit

Chloride commonly concentrates by around 100x in the hot meal so 0.02% input on clinker in kiln feed and fuels is nor...

Re: Kiln Firing with Natural Gas

Natural gas has a higher hydrogen content than other fuels, therefore the volume of exhaust gases produced is higher.

Re: Grindiability & Mill Shaft Power

There is no direct relationship between Bond Work Index and the shaft power, just as there is no direct relationship ...

Re: Kiln Control

Do you have any automatic control loops? Is there any water injection responding to changing gas temperatures? Withou...

If the kiln process is in equilibrium then if you increase the feed rate only the draft will fall as more CO2 from ca...

I think that the response to such a change in the process would be kiln specific. Nobody can say by how much the back...

Re: aragonite (CaCO3)

I agree with Ted. I doubt if you would be able to detect any affect of small quantities of aragonite on the operation...

Re: Blended cement

This approach to producing blended cements is well known. A very well known example would be the L'Amali factory of L...